Equality Act Passes House, Ninth Circuit Rehearing on Second Amendment Case, New Ravnsborg Details
The House of Representatives passed the Equality Act – what’s inside? The Ninth Circuit is rehearing a Second Amendment case that was previously thought settled. South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg in even hotter water as new details are revealed about his deadly car accident. And more! Join criminal defense lawyer Robert F. Gruler to discuss the latest legal, political and criminal news, including:
• The Equality Act (H.R. 5) passes the House of Representatives to amend the 1964 Civil Rights Act to include sexual orientation and gender identity.
• Bill opens up discrimination claims and allows the Department of Justice to intervene on equal protection actions in federal court.
• Review of the text of H.R. 5, new claims, structure, and impact on the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
• Will H.R. 5 pass in the Senate and land on Joe Biden’s desk?
• Representative Chip Roy promises the Equality Act will face challenges in court.
• President Biden’s Department of Justice withdraws support for lawsuit brought by female high school athletes in Title IX claim.
• Alanna Smith’s case, previously supported by Attorney General William Barr, is no longer supported by the administration, showing the contention between the Equality Act and Title IX claims.
• New order from the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals reveals the full court will hearing a second amendment case in a case previously thought settled.
• Review of Duncan v. Becerra, previously decided in August 2020, which will be reconsidered by the full court in a new hearing.
• Review of different levels of scrutiny and opposing arguments on Second Amendment cases.
• South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg hit and killed a man while driving home from a fundraising event.
• New details emerge that Ravnsborg was using his cell phone to look up news about Joe Biden.
• Investigators reveal a missing set of sunglasses were found inside Ravnsborg’s vehicle – to whom did they belong?
• As always, your questions and live Locals.com chat after the news!
NOTE: The live chat portion of the show will be taking questions from the live chat on the Locals platform (not on YouTube)
To join, head over to https://watchingthewatchers.locals.com and look for today’s show thread.
Connect with us:
• Locals! https://watchingthewatchers.locals.com
• Podcast (audio): https://watchingthewatchers.buzzsprout.com/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robertgruleresq
• Rumble: https://rumble.com/c/RobertGrulerEsq
• Robert Gruler Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/RobertGrulerEsq/
• Miss Faith Instagram https://www.instagram.com/faithie_joy/
• Clubhouse: @RobertGrulerEsq @faith_joy
• Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/robertgruleresq
• Homepage with transcripts (under construction): https://www.watchingthewatchers.tv
Don't forget to join us on Locals! https://watchingthewatchers.locals.com
Why Locals? We head over to Locals to continue the conversation before, during and after the show. You can also grab the slides (and other stuff) from the show as well as a free PDF copy of Robert’s book which is also available to buy on Amazon here: https://rcl.ink/hHB
Other tips? Send to email@example.com or tag @RobertGrulerEsq on twitter.
#WatchingtheWatchers #EqualityAct #SecondAmendment #Ravnsborg #NinthCircuit